Contrary to popular belief, a diet plan must be based on the utility and nature of food that is productive in the long run. There is no such thing as a best diet plan to lose weight. It is simply a myth.
If you have to plan and create a diet plan that suits your body type and meets your daily requirements, and also if you are going to target any specific disease, it must be helpful in that process.
What Diet Plan is Best to Lose Weight in 2023?
If talking about a perfect diet plan, one must keep in mind that it must give the body those nutrients that are the staple requirement of our body. It must include the seven important components like carbs, protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, fats, minerals, and water content.
Now, the number of calories we are going to lose per week is, like, 1 pound, so we must keep in mind that:
- Women must choose a diet plan that contains 1200–1500 calories.
- And for both genders, the ideal diet plan is one that contains 1500–1800 calories.
What is the best diet to lose weight fast?
The top five diet plans which we are going to suggest as the best diets to lose weight have been ranked by many expert health blogs according to their sustainability, practicality of use, and effectiveness.
A Mediterranean Diet
It is based on the eating habits and food culture of Mediterranean residents, such as those from France, Spain, Greece, and Italy, who are renowned for their longevity.
Also, this diet is considered good for those people who are suffering from cardiovascular and cancer problems.
Here are some major points about this diet:
- No strict regulations for any food item.
- The best plant-based diet.
- It contains fruits, vegetables, legumes, and healthy fats for the heart.
- It promotes hearth health.
- Maintains blood sugar levels.
- protects the functioning of the brain.
What you can eat on this diet:
- Daily food: vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, olive oil, etc.
- Moderate level of food: poultry items, cheese, and yogurt.
- Rare foods include red meat, beverages, refined oils, and processed foods.
The Dash diet is customized by the U.S. based National Health Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute for the main purpose of controlling the problem of hypertension. The food also helps in controlling the blood sugar level. It is ranked as the second most favorable diet for weight loss.
Here are the properties of the Dash Diet:
- It is rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Helps in reducing low-density lipoprotein.
- encourages low saturated fat consumption.
- Its calorie limit is about 2000 calories a day.
Here are some recommendations for the DASH diet:
- Grains must have six to eight servings.
- Vegetables must be four to five times their serving, like having one cup of green vegetables and juice.
- Fruits must be given in quantities of four to five cups, either frozen or fresh.
- Low-fat dairy products for two to three servings, one cup of milk or yogurt.
- Sugar must be less than one tsp.
The Flexitarian Diet
The Flexitarian diet plan is almost a vegetarian diet that is based on plant-based protein and chemicals, but one can also include meat once a week. It is also the second most adoptable diet plan for people because it is flexible in nature.
It has scored a 4.7 rating out of 5 for healthiness score and healthy eating.
Here are some of the properties of this flexitarian diet plan:
- Including the beans, lentils, and dairy products that are the source of the protein, it makes up to 1200 calories a day.
- It is recommended that breakfast must be under 350 calories, including peanut butter and banana smoothies, etc.
- Brunch can be limited to 206 calories, like having roasted peanuts.
- For lunch, the value of calories is limited to 409, as for example, you can have one medium-sized peach or avocado egg salad.
- An evening snack with 144 calories can have half a cup of Greek yogurt or half a cup of blackberries.
- Dinner must have food with 440 calories, like vegan pad with tofu, etc.
It has been ranked as the fourth best diet for promoting mental and physical health. It is also helpful for those people who are going through mental disorders, fighting anxiety and depression.
Also, many claim that it can be helpful in reducing the effects of Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are the properties of the Mind Diet:
- It is a combination of both the Mediterranean diet and the Dash diet, hence the name “Mind diet.”
- It is helpful to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
- It was developed by Martha Clare Morris, who was a nutritionist, with the aim of Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive declination in mind.
- It helps in reversing obesity and improves cognitive ability.
- The Mind diet is a low-carb diet that includes green and leafy vegetables and is also to prevent the risk of dementia.
The Nordic diet is the fifth most popular diet that is helpful in upgrading Nordic cuisine and is a combination of Scandinavian tradition and culture, which is the best way of enjoying the tasty and healthy food.
- The best plant-based diet.
- best-heart-health diet.
- It has a low glycemic index and a moderately high protein proportion.
- It includes a wholesome food range made from rapeseed oil, rutagbuga, and high-quality meat.
- It encourages the use of organic products.
- It has an ideal carbohydrate-to-protein ratio and strives to provide healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Important components of a best diet plan
The process of utilizing calories: As we know, the calorie burning rate is used for maintaining our metabolic process. Therefore, around 70 percent of our burnt calories are used for our metabolic rate. That keeps us active and capable of carrying out our day-to-day tasks.
Furthermore, the process necessitates the burning of the remaining 20% of calories for physical activities such as walking and hormone balance.
Finally, ten percent of the calories consumed are used to digest food and produce energy.
Water makes up 70% of our body, and the loss of water is known as dehydration. Many doctors say that only the right consumption of water will ward off the potential diseases that can cause death threats to your life.
Water is a compound of both fat and glucose that is required to burn carbon and water. The residual form of water is flushed out in the form of urine.
Many theories and studies on water consumption have proven that water has the qualities of:
- A natural appetite suppressant.
- Reduction in body mass index.
- increases the resting energy expenditure factor in the body.
- A natural filter for toxins and waste.
- Reduce your total liquid calorie intake.
Dietary balance theory
Now focusing on the term “balanced diet theory”, which means that every type of nutrient, either micronutrients like iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, and other vitamins, or macronutrients like carbohydrates, sodium, chloride, iodine, and organic acids like citric acid, must be available in that diet.
Also, there are further enlisted properties of a balanced diet theory.
- It must meet the optimal nutrient requirements necessary for age and gender.
- The contents of food must be prepared in such a way that they have a balanced proportion of calories, energy, and immunity.
- The carbohydrate percentage must be between 45 and 55 percent.
- The percentage of protein must be between 10 and 35%.
- The percentage of fat must be between 20 and 35%.
- The percentage of fiber must be included in the carb percentage.
The science behind losing weight by dieting
If we consider that our body is a machine that needs food in the form of fuel and maintenance spare parts, then we can totally understand how this whole system works, but as the actual machine does, it burns fuel in order to run, but our body processes the food and synthesizes energy to live.
Let’s discuss the process of eating and dieting in brief, so that we can understand the science behind losing weight through diet.
- We eat foods that are complex carbohydrates that, when entering our food pipe, break into starches and sugars.
- Now, if the amount of sugar production increases, the body will convert it into fatty acids and store it in adipose tissue.
- Furthermore, an excess of protein allows for the breakdown of a large amount of amino acid, which can then be stored in the form of fat.
- Due to which, if there are lots of fat cells accumulating inside our stomach, the energy required for converting them will be higher, and as a result, the energy level may also be dropped.
- Therefore, we have to choose a diet that is easy to digest and balances our blood sugar level, like green diets, nuts, and seeds, instead of eating deep fried items, burgers, and sweets.
Maintaining a healthy body mass index is really important and answers the question, “what is the best diet to lose weight?”. One can achieve this state of healthiness by practicing and understanding the true meaning of a balanced diet plan.
Because eating the right food that targets your aim to maintain a healthy body weight is essential for our wellness, but if you’re unable to find the best diet plan for yourself,
You can go for any of these two brands: Nutrisystem or Diet to Go, because the brands like Nutrisystem have several meal options, including the basic diets, and also have a partner plan, which gives you healthy companionship with your partner to follow the diet challenge.
Whereas Diet to Go has introduced a meal delivery service known as Freshology, which focuses on preparing a proportioned diet plan for its customers made by expert chefs with service delivery per week.
Both these brands have customized menus and diet plans for their different types of customers, which are easy to follow and are switchable.